CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Day of School, First Soccer Game!

School is ok this year. The honors classes I am taking are going to be rough, but I will make it through them. Most of my friends are in my classes, so that is good. The first day of school was the longest day of my life. I hope this school year goes by quick. At least on Friday I got to miss two classes to go to my first pre-season soccer game. Our first game was in Delta. We got there around 5:00 and Varsity played first. They won 2-0. Then it was our turn. I started off playing forward, not goalie. We started the game and the other team got a lucky goal right in the beginning. I bet the entire game I had at least 20 shots on goal but the ball was just not hitting the back of the net. The other team had a really good goalie. So, we lost our first pre-season game but we had a chance to redeem ourselves the next day for our second game. This game was in Cedar. I started off as forward again. This time we got a quick goal right in the beginning. I made the assist. Then the other team made a goal for us. haha. Then it was half time the score being 2-0. I really wanted to get a goal so I went in as forward again. About half way through the second half I shot a nice shot right to the corner, and it went in! I was so excited. We scored one more goal that second half making the score 4-0. I was so glad we won. It was a great game. I can't wait to play again, but I could wait 2 more years to go back to school. Our team has SWEET uniforms. I am also #9 (Mia Hamm's #)Our first home game is in two weeks. Can't wait!!! It was a long week, but rewarding.

2 comments:

Shell said...

Way to go in your game Britt! I can't wait to watch one. Now you just need to change your attitude about school too.

Kortnie Hansen said...

Thats Awesome you made a goal. Congratulations.